The Endeavour Fund and AIG are proud to invite Wounded, Injured and Sick servicemen/women and veterans with their families to its Family Day event in August 2018. The Endeavour Fund has partnered with the Superhero Tri Series at Dorney Lake, Windsor to provide a fun for all family event regardless of injury or disability.
There are three unique triathlon challenges available to enter where you can either fly solo or unite with family and friends or other WIS in the team relay.
8am – Full Superhero Tri (solo or team) – 750m/20km/5km
10am – Half Superhero Tri (solo or team) – 400m/10km/2.5km
1pm – Celebrity and Endeavour Fund team captains’ race – 150m/3km/1km
1.30pm onwards – Sprint Super Tri (solo or team) – 150m/3km/1km
Mixed Veterans teams will also look to compete against other guest teams on the Wheelchair basketball (11am) or sitting volleyball (11.30am) courts.
A number of our supported endeavours will also be onsite providing some amazing have a go’s and static displays to keep all family and friends entertained.
- Mission Motorsport – Dual hand control challenge and their Jaguar F-Types on display
- Climb2Recovery – Take on the heights of the climbing wall run by Climb2Recovery.
- Rowing Marine – Endeavour Funds ocean rower ‘Lee Spencer’ will have an ocean rowing boat on the lake to show you what he will be crossing the Atlantic in!
- Op Surf – Paddle boarding on the lake. Challenge your balance and don’t be afraid to get wet.
- Team Endeavour Racing – Static displays of some of the fastest and most extreme racing powerboats in the UK.
To get involved, visit superheroseries.co.uk.